I received the below email from Mr. Porter today. This was the first retailer email I recall directly addressing the issue that the new Gmail now filters promotional emails into a separate tab.
– Subject line caught my attention to open (“Gmail users: don’t miss out”)
– The ease of how they broke down the user actions into 3 simple steps to follow
– Creatively sleek yet simple, and on-brand
What I’d change:
– Include the benefit to the user of why they should do this. That by doing so, they won’t miss out on sales, etc.
– The main image is not clickable. It seems that if I click the image, it should take me to the Mr. Porter site. (Right now, only the header logo is clickable).